Gated Communities Estero Florida 33928
The vast majority of these spectaular gated neighborhoods are located near highway 41 and I 75 area. All in all most everything within the neighborhoods is consistent except the prices. Their are many award winning Estero Florida neighborhoods. The amenities, the location, the housing types and styles all remain the same.
Choose the Estero Gated Community that fits your needs! Below we have compiled an extensive list of Gated Communities located in Estero Fl, for you to explore. Most are gated communities. You may click on the links to view real estate for sale within them. Homes and Condos abound threw out the community! There are also highlights of amenities available within the communities. Go through the our list and find the lifestyle that fits your requirements. Many of the gated communities have har-tru tennis courts.
Gated Communities in Estero
Amenities available in these communities include:
- A security gate that can be manned by a guard 24 hours a day or only during certain hours. In others you have a barcode sticker on your car window, or a security card to let you in. This helps preserve the security of the entire community. You may also want to check Gated Communities in Fort Myers.
- Estero communities are located along Florida’s Gulf Coast between Naples, Bonita Springs to the south and Fort Myers to the north. Historically, Estero was a formerly a citrus community. Many different type of fruits grew there.
- Estero, Fl is Florida’s newest city. Today, it lays claim to Florida Gulf Coast University and serves as a relaxing destination. Visitors can be seen relaxing by the nearby beaches and intrigued by the historical Mound Key Archaeological State Park.
- Rising more than 30 feet above the water, miles from shore, ancient shell mounds change the landscape of Estero Bay quickly. Made of bones, shells and pottery pieces, these mounds are believed to have been the ceremonial center of the Calusa Indians. Access to the site is by boat or charter only, but the trip is well worth it.
Search the MLS for Up to date listings of All Gated Communities Homes and Condos
History of Estero Florida
- In the early pioneer days, Estero was a major fruit producing area in Southwest Florida. The first homesteader is reported to be Gustave Damkohler. Historically he in 1882 farmed citrus along the Estero River. He then used the river to ship his harvests north via the Gulf of Mexico. Most likely took the path through the Back Bay.
- Our most famous or infamous pioneer was Cyrus Teed, leader of the Koreshan Unity. This cult believed the universe existed within a giant hollow sphere. He and some of his followers began settling in a community along the Estero River in 1894. Gustave Damkohler joined the group and donated his 320 acres of land to the Unity.
- The Koreshans were able to incorporate 110 square miles into the Town of Estero in 1904. The municipality stretched from a mile north of today’s Gladiolus Drive in south Fort Myers to a mile north of Bonita Beach Road in Bonita Springs and included all of today’s Lovers Key State Park and the Town of Fort Myers Beach. The community of Estero was later abolished in 1907.
- During this time, the cult opened a post office, store, sawmill and black smith shop. established schools for all those who wanted to attend They also built an Art Hall for their symphony orchestra and theater group. They brought in exotic vegetation from throughout the world. They then planted on their grounds. Eleven remaining historic structures are still being maintained at the Sects Koreshan State Historic Site. The Koreshans did not believe in sex and the population gradually diminished.
Search Estero Gated communities MLS listings for dream homes or condos Now!
Homes and Condos located in Gated communities are selling quickly. Click on the communities above and see what is currently available. We will be happy to assist you with your purchase. This also means we will work to get you the Best the best price on your new home or condominium!